Kittery Point, Maine.
The Bray House is a historic house at 100 Pepperell Road in Kittery Point, Maine, United States. It is one of the oldest surviving buildings in the state. Long thought to be an 18th-century structure, the archeological evidence indicates that the standing structure was probably built before 1670. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, but was unprotected from demolition until now.
The connecting buildings were added in the years 1885, 1901, 1935 and 1955 and were not considered architecturally significant to the history of the estate. (The 1885 house was relocated to the site in the 1950's and was in too poor a condition to be saved. Those funds were directed at the massive effort to save, stabilize and revitalize the original Bray House.
Simon Jacobsen proposed to the owners that the additions that clumsily abutted the original Bray House be removed or relocated and a new compound of pavilions be added to meet the owners requirements as well as protect the the Old Bray House, “forever”.